ProWay products are proudly designed and manufactured in
Australia and the USA, and installed all over the world.
Well designed livestock handling facilities make your livestock operation more profitable.
A ProWay livestock facility will ensure:
- Less labor is required to efficiently handle stock
- Timely husbandry
- The facilitation to effectively weigh, treat and sort stock to allow management and processing for specific markets
- Stock are less stressed or bruised
It’s important to get your yards right the first time.
ProWay’s site assessment and design service has helped many professional livestock operations. ProWay design, manufacture and construct more than 300 sets of corrals each year. Our designers have experienced the same issues you work through and are committed to finding a solution that benefits your situation.
One of ProWay’s experienced corral designers can measure and assess your site, and discuss your requirements.
When on site, our designers will:
- Measure up existing features to be incorporated into the design such as sheds, trees, existing fence lines, water troughs, sprinklers, dips etc
- Assess the slope of the site
- Discuss stock movements to and from the corral
- Consider vehicle access and loading
- Discuss your stock handling requirements and your operation
- Draw up a corral design for you based on the above information and our experience
The areas covered in your site assessment and design are:
- How to use natural stock flow principles to make stock handling stress free for the operator and animal
- Safety issues for operators
- Weighing options, positioning of scales, crate, weigh box or hanging crush-drafting after scales
- Which scales best suit your operation
- EID requirements
- Loading locations and options
- The positioning of corrals to maximize the use of slope
- Roofing over yards incorporating existing or planning new shedding positioning of posts
- Classing or stock-classing boxes
- Handling alley capacity/length
- Calf marking
- Which crush best suits your operation
- Areas for contractors, scanning, dipping, lamb marking etc
- Future expansion
ProWay draws up your new corrals with accurate CAD software, showing dimensions and holding capabilities, alley lengths and how they incorporate existing features.
We can calculate concrete quantities and provide advice on drainage and preparing the site for your new corrals.
We understand the requirements of your operation are unique, so our designs will be suited specifically to you.